We work closely with clients to provide exceptional legal services that are catered specifically to their needs.
Take a look at the services we offer, and get in touch today with any questions.
Personal Injury Law
Personal injuries include every variety of injury to a person’s body, emotions, or reputation, as contradistinguished from injury to property rights.
There are three grounds on which personal injury claims can be brought:
- Negligence is the most common basis for personal injury claims. The basis for liability under negligence stems from an individual’s failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances. For example, a hunter who carelessly shoots his gun towards other people.
- Strict Liability holds a defendant liable for committing an action, regardless of what his/her intent or mental state was when committing the action. For example, if an injury occurs as a result of a defect in a product, the manufacturer is responsible for that injury even though they did not act negligently or intend for their product to cause harm.
- Intentional Wrongs result from an intentional act of the defendant. Common intentional torts are battery, assault, false imprisonment, trespass to land, trespass to chattels, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Causes of Action
Personal injury claims can arise from harm done to the body. For example:
- Automobile accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Product defect accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Toxic torts
Personal injury claims can also arise from non-bodily harm. For example:
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- False detention, arrest, or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Invasion of privacy
If the plaintiff is successful on their claim, they will be awarded money damages for their injuries. Damages are meant to compensate the injured party for their loss. Damages for personal injury may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Household assistance
- Travel expenses
Our attorneys will handle your case and seek financial compensation from any responsible parties on your behalf so that you can concentrate on your health and healing. Even if you do not believe you have suffered any serious injuries, seeking a medical evaluation as soon as possible is always the wisest course of action. Disregarding minor injuries that you may think are “no big deal” or will go away on their own, may actually allow these to continue to worsen and hinder or impede your ability to receive the care you truly need.
We assist in personal injury cases resulting from auto accidents, on the job, dog bites, nursing home abuse and neglect, defective products, hazardous conditions, and many other areas, including:
- Transportation & Traffic Accidents
- Car and Auto Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Vehicle Rollover Accidents
- Shipping & Boating Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Injury Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Negligent Security
- Construction Site Injuries
- Swimming Pool Injuries
- Store/Retail Negligence
- Amusement Park Injuries
- Electrocution Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Head and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries and Accidents
- Transvaginal Mesh
- Defective Implants & Medical Devices
- Tire Defects
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Medical Negligence & Nursing Home Abuse
We understand how traumatizing being injured in an accident can be especially when the cause of the accident was someone else’s negligence. Our attorneys have passionately fought to bring justice on behalf of the wrongfully injured and their families. We are readily available to assist you when you need us most.
If you are unable to come to us, we will go to you. You have been through enough, and our goal is to handle the legal side of things, while you focus on your recovery.
Choosing the attorney who will represent you is an important decision. After your well-being and interests have been compromised, you need a lawyer on your side who is willing to go further to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our team goes above and beyond for each of our clients, so you can trust that we’ll do the same for you.